I had a revelation while cleaning and organizing our bedroom. We store and bring in a lot of things into our bedroom that don't need to be there. Why are we storing things like elementary school art drawing, child birth info, ski goggles, bike lights, and many more misc items in our bedroom? I wasn't sure, so I decided to limit what gets stored in our bedroom to those things that we use on a daily basis. Wow, that was a lot of stuff to get rid of or find a new home for. The main places for me were our dressers and the closet, but the closet is area #12, so I'll wait to tell about that one. Here's what our dressers looked like before.
 |
| My Dresser |
 |
| Kevin's Dresser |
I probably didn't need to label whose is whose. The items on them kind of give it away. I actually really enjoyed going through our dressers. I finally parted with the tacky looking bracelet holder that I made in high school. I don't wear bracelets that much, and it took up a lot of space.
Here are the dressers after my clean off.
I added a small jar to each of our dressers. Mine is to hold bobby pins and chapstick. Those are the two little items that I use daily that seemed to be spread all over my dresser. Kevin's holds, you guessed it misc. ammo and ear plugs. These items are frequently found in pockets and were more abundant than any other items I found.
I am loving the look and looking forward to sticking with our goal to not clutter up our bedroom with things that we don't use on a daily basis. We own an entire house and our bedroom does not need to be our dumping spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment