The furnace room is a 13.5' x 24.5' unfinished room that holds a lot more than just the furnace. There were two main spots that needed attention. The rest of the room holds a bunch of cherry boards that are drying, and our freezer. My first area is my food storage shelf. This shelf holds canning jars (both full and empty), extra non-perishables, disposable plates/cups/silverware, and a few other random items. Here it is before.
After we completely cleared out our garage at our old house, I found another shelf to this shelf. I added that to better arrange things instead of stacking and stacking. I also recently discovered that banana boxes are an awesome way to store empty canning jars. 20 jars fit snugly in each box. The handles make it very easy to pull the box down or bring up a whole bunch for canning. If you are interested in getting your hands on some of these awesome boxes, just let me know. I usually end up with 2-3 each month from trips to the Bent and Dent. Here's my shelf now.
My other area is directly across from this shelf. It has been a dumping spot for everything from other rooms of the house that I didn't know where to put. Here's what had collected so far:
I had been waiting for our set of 3 lockers to be brought down here from the garage to store winter clothes, hunting clothes, boots etc. in. My wonderful husband and brother helped bring it down last week, which helped greatly in getting everything put in its place. I didn't get a picture of the lockers, but now my corner looks like this:
I have a feeling that this little corner is going to continue to be susceptible to becoming a dumping spot. I am going to try to fight the urge to dump things here and give them a home right away. Easier said than done, but having a neat looking area is so nice I might be able to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment