When it came to organizing my shelves, I thought of many ideas I have seen over the years.
The horizontal stacks:
The rainbow:
The style I liked the best was like this:
A combination of vertical and horizontal stacks with misc. art, pictures, objects filling in the spaces. At our old house I had all of the books arranged by author's last name with fiction and non-fiction separated. Here I decided to spread things out and arrange them by subject. Marriage, children, Bible reading aids, evangelism, gardening, and others are how I divided the books. I also kept the shelf right above the tv open for our movies. That shelf is also 'home' for the remote so that we don't waste time looking for it when we need it.
Here are our shelves, and yes, Evelyn was watching Veggietales while I was doing my organizing...
I want to find more decorative things to put on the shelves as either bookends or to fill up the empty spaces. That's one of the things on my thrift sale list.




That's my new favorite way for shelves too! Buying tall book shelves soon and doing this :)
ReplyDeleteThe shelves look great! I like how you are combining books and objects together. It also makes sense to have a t.v. there. Great use of space.
ReplyDelete