Back in January, we announced that we are expecting our 3rd baby by posting this photo on Facebook.
We just reached the halfway point and had decided that we wanted to know the gender of this baby before it's born. Since we are using a midwife and doing a home birth, I had to find a place to perform the ultrasound. I found a place about a mile from our house that would do it for a very reasonable price. So, we decided to have the technician find out the gender and write it on a piece of paper. Then we brought the paper (inside a sealed security envelope) to my mom who made a cake the color (pink or blue) that the baby is going to be. Then frosted it over and brought it to our party.
We had about 25 people (not including kids) that made it to share the special moment with us.
| There were pink and blue snacks. |
| Everyone casted their vote. Boy was leading in the polls. |
| The cake. |
So, we are having another girl! That was my feeling all along, but it is nice to know for sure. Getting ready for her will be pretty easy as Elsie was born in June so we have the right sizes in the right seasons. We're over half way there to meeting her and I know the time will fly and before we know it, she will be here. I can't wait to meet her, but I am cherishing these moments with just my older two. Being a mommy is so wonderful!

No comments:
Post a Comment