This Christmas I decided to 'save' some money by making many homemade gifts. The problem with this idea is that most of the time, the homemade gift ends up costing more in the end. But most of the time it's also worth it because it turns out exactly like I wanted and it's super cute. Here are some pictures of the things I made this year. I forgot to take pictures of everything I made, so some of them are the pinterest picture of my inspiration.
For Kevin, I made this chalkboard to hang in our bedroom. I started with a piece of plywood I found in our garage and went to town. I love how it turned out and we use it all the time to write little love notes back and forth to each other. Every married couple should have one!
I made a few things for some children in my life.
![]() |
| The apron I made is this exact apron, but with cupcake fabric. |
![]() |
| Burp cloths out of prefold diapers. |
![]() |
| The headband I made was bright pink, but I learned how to do this cool knot. |
And a basket made out of paper grocery bags.
Whew! Kevin informed me that if I don't have the homemade gifts done by Thanksgiving next year, we will just be buying something. It took a lot of time and energy to do it all, but I enjoyed every minute. Making something by hand for the ones you love is something I love to do!





No comments:
Post a Comment