Saturday, February 4, 2012

Entreleadership (1/44)

Well, my list of books to read has kept growing and growing.  Along with the 44 books on my shelf, I now have at least 10 more that we've acquired that I want to read as well.  The one I just finished is Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey.

This book is written for the business man who wants to know how to better run his business.  I started reading it mostly because I was curious what it was about.  Kevin was further ahead in the book than I was and he kept telling me different concepts he was learning and different ideas he was seeing from t he book.  I wanted to better understand the context of these ideas, so I kept reading.  Then it turned into me just wanting to read the book because I was enjoying it that much.

I can't say this about a lot of books, but this book was one where when I got to the last chapter and finally finished the book, I didn't want it to be over.  I wanted to keep reading stories about Dave's business and hearing about how he chooses to run it.  And that's what is totally awesome about this book.  Dave didn't want to book to be over either.  His publishers told him to cut it off.  So... he put 5 bonus chapters online!  I've printed 3 of them off, because that's all he has on there right now.  I'm looking forward to reading those as well.

This book is a must read for anyone running their own business.  It lays out practical commonsense ways to hire employees, how to compensate them, advertising, staying out of debt in business, and many more topics.  I know Kevin and I will be able to implement many of his ideas into our business.

This book is definitely a keeper.  It will  probably never collect dust on the shelf as I have a feeling we'll be referencing it often.

1 comment:

  1. We just went through the Financial Peace course, and it is awesome! Very wise advice, and Dave has a great sense of humor to boot!

    ReplyDelete