Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Curly Girl: The Handbook (2/44)

Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey is a must read for anyone with any type of curly hair.  It goes through how to determine your type of curl, what kinds of products to use on your hair, cutting curly hair, caring for children's curls, and some ideas to style curly hair.

I guess I've always liked having curly hair.  Growing up, people would always ask me if I liked having curly hair as if I was supposed to hate it or something.  I never really understood it, but after reading the book and hearing about how a lot of people grew up not knowing what to do with their curls that just ended up looking frizzy and poofy I can see how some people would not like having curly hair.  Sure there were times that I wished I had straight hair, and I straightened my hair a handful of times growing up, but all in all I enjoyed my curls.  I came up with my own system of taking care of my hair that very closely resembles the curly girl method outlined in the book.

One of the sections that I enjoyed the most was the one about caring for children who have curly hair.  My daughter Evelyn has soft pretty curls and I want to help her keep them looking nice as she grows up.  The ideas in the book were very helpful.

This book is going back on the shelf to stay there as a reference if I need to look back at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment