Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some Projects Should Wait Until Nap Time

A few days ago, I picked up some cupboard locks to keep Evelyn out of the low cupboards and drawers.  It's a never ending battle to keep telling her to put things back and close the door.  The locks I got had to be installed with screws into the door.  I didn't think it would be a big deal to put them on our six doors while I waited for Evelyn to get tired enough to take a nap.  I didn't even get one door done before I realized that I would be much better off waiting for nap time. 

If she wasn't grabbing the to-be-installed locks and carting them around, she was trying to get inside the cupboard.  As soon as I set down the screwdriver, she picked it up and sucked on the end.  When I needed to partially close the door to see if the two pieces were lined up, she wanted to open the door.  When I needed to open the door, she tried to close it.  When I tried to screw in one of the pieces, she came and stood on my leg, and holding onto my shoulder with her head tilted over tried to watch what I was doing.

I decided we would be better off going in her room to read some books until nap time and finishing the project then.  It was a good decision.  All six doors now have locks nicely installed just waiting to be tested out when she awakens.

No comments:

Post a Comment