With this second pregnancy, we decided not to have an ultrasound to determine the gender. That said, it's been a fun guessing game as to which it will be. I've been thinking pretty much from the beginning that it is going to be another girl. This pregnancy has been so similar to the last, that I just have this feeling that it's going to be a girl.
Some similarities I have noticed:
*Very minimal morning sickness
*Similar weight gain patterns
*No swelling in my hands or feet
*My face broke out to the same face wash
*Overall health and feeling well
There have also been a few differences:
*I broke out to my hair gel
*I've had very minimal acid reflux this time where with Evelyn it seemed like I had it every day
*With Evelyn early on, I would wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes have trouble falling back asleep. That hasn't happened once this time.
*Although my finger nails grow quickly, they are still brittle as they were before pregnancy. With Evelyn, my nails were super strong.
So, after listing out the similarities and the differences, it looks like there really isn't much different between the two pregnancies. The things that are different are so small that I don't know if they could be contributed to the opposite gender. Plus almost everyone I've talked to says that they were definitely sicker when carrying boys. If anything, I was LESS sick this time. So it's gotta be a girl, right?
Well, then we went to our appointment with the midwife yesterday. After she listened to the baby's heartbeat she said that if she had to take a guess, she would say that we're having a boy. A boy? A BOY?!? What if we really do have a boy? This kind of threw me for a loop. I've been thinking all along that it's another girl, so to think about it being a boy is kind of strange. It got me really excited to have this baby and find out which one it is.
If it is a boy, or if it is a girl, it really doesn't matter to me. As long as there is a healthy baby, I will be overjoyed to meet him/her. Only 7 weeks to the due date, and the days are flying by. This little one is going to be here before we know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment