Yesterday marked day one of weaning Evelyn. I decided to take 4 weeks and drop one of her feedings each week replacing nursing with milk I have stored in the freezer. We're just skipping the whole bottle thing this time and going straight to the sippy cup. She took the cup just fine both yesterday and today, but I discovered that she doesn't like it cold. I have to warm up the milk for her or she won't drink it. I think we'll work on one thing at a time. When she is successfully weaned, then we'll work on drinking cold milk.
She is, however, slowly figuring out how cups work. Up until now, she would lean her face forward and down to try and get a drink. I've been letting her play with a sippy cup of water to learn to tip it up to get the water out. Today she was playing with it in the hallway and I found her with a wet shirt, so she was doing something right.
No comments:
Post a Comment