I don't think I've posted about this at all, but this spring in May, I got a tick bite. No big deal right? I've gotten tons of ticks in my lifetime. Wrong. This tick carried Lyme Disease. And it gave it to me. I got very sick for several days, and had the classic symptom of the bulls-eye rash around the bite. It got so bad though, that all I could do was lay in bed and sleep.
As soon as I spotted the rash and knew what I was dealing with, I scheduled to go see my soon to be brother-in-law who is a chiropractor in town. He has a complicated set of vials that I won't even attempt to explain, but I tested positive for both Lyme and Bebisia(a co-infection of Lyme). Yikes! I hadn't done much research, but the people that I know that have gotten Lyme never seem to get better. Was I going to battle this for the rest of my life? The chiropractor was saying, "NO! You won't!".
I began taking herbal tinctures that my sister-in-law makes for the business she started called Nature's Pharmacy. Within 12 hours, my fever was gone. Wow! Because it is only herbs, I didn't expect to feel 100% normal overnight. And I didn't. It was a long road. The joint pain, stiffness, swollen achy joints that hurt to move, tiredness, it took a lot out of me and for a long time. After almost 5 months, I finally feel normal again. I don't need a nap, I can walk up and down stairs with no pain, I can go for a walk and not hurt, I can get a shoulder rub and not feel like someone punched me the next day. And it's awesome!
After taking the tinctures for 3 months and doing a couple of liver flushes, I went in for a follow up appointment. I discovered much to my delight that the Lyme was gone. But... the bebisia was still hanging around. So I continued my tincture regiment for another 6 weeks along with 3 more liver flushes and went back to be tested again. This time: ALL GONE! Praise the Lord! I had been praying for this to be the result for several days before and during my last liver flush. Praying that the Lord would use this to take all of the bebisia out of my body. And he answered my prayer completely! He gets all the credit!
When I first found out I had Lyme and started taking only tinctures for it, many people were skeptical and hesitant about the fact that I was not getting antibiotics for it. I have to admit that I didn't even think twice about it. After watching my sister go the medical route first with no success, I didn't even want to try that. I think the people who say it can't be beat all go with the doxycycline and then give up hope of ever getting better. I trust my mother-in-law and all of my husbands family who have battled through this and come out winners. So that's what I did, and it worked!
Going forward now, is the fun part. No more venison. No more raw milk. Being super duper careful when out in the woods. And also protecting the rest of my family from ticks too. It's not something I even want to take a chance at getting again. The data shows that I live in one of the highest reported areas in the country for Lyme Disease.
But I say, "Bring it on!" I'm not going to sit in my house and be scared about getting Lyme again. I'm not going to prohibit our children from going hunting, or playing in the woods. I'm not going to be paranoid if I accidentally eat some venison or raw milk. BUT, I am going to be proactive. I'm going to never be out of bug/tick repellant. I'm going to check my family members for ticks every time they've been in tall grass. And I'm going to be ready for the day when someone does get Lyme. And I'm going to beat it again!

I have a quick question. Why are you avoiding venison and raw milk? Is this in any way related to the lymes?
ReplyDeleteIf this is your fear, I would like to assuage your fears. The lymes spirochetes [Borrelia burgdorferi] cannot be transmitted through milk, either in humans or other mammals, nor through meat. There are zero documented cases of any person acquiring lymes from any other means than a tick bite. In fact the transmission of the lymes spirochetes requires a highly ordered metabolic process which is only consistent with a tick bite. Scientifically there is nearly no chance that the lymes spirochetes would be able to transfer without a tick bite. (Please note that the lymes spirochetes [Borrelia burgdorferi] is not to be confused with its distant and very different cousin the syphilis spirochetes [Treponema pallidum] which act completely different in humans)
Also, although less is known about Bebesia, Bebesia, a cousin of malaria, is only known to be passed on by tick bites as well.
In short, avoid ticks, don't worry about other sources.
Yes, it is related to getting lymes. My father-in-law has recently gotten another case of Lyme with no tick, and after eating venison. I've also heard from some friends about cases of entire families coming down with lyme at the same time after consuming raw milk. Personally, I'm not going to take any chances knowing what it would do to me. But thanks for your thoughts.
ReplyDelete