Last week, while at my weekly house cleaning for some friends, I locked the keys in the trunk of the car. All the doors were locked, and the only metal door hanger I could find wasn't strong or long enough to reach the nob to unlock the door. And the spare key was sitting there in the center console mocking me. And Kevin was 45mins away working and couldn't come to my rescue. Needless to say, I was frustrated. I was super proud of myself for getting the cleaning done in my fastest time yet. And then we had to sit there in the driveway and wait for the locksmith to come unlock the car for us.
But then, as I was filling out the payment slip and making small talk with the technician, turns out he's the owner/manager of the store. And it also turns out that they're looking for someone to clean the front lobby area of their auto shop. He said if I was interested to just stop by their building sometime. Wow! Didn't see that one coming. I stopped in today to check the size of the place out, and get an idea of what they're looking for. And I think it's going to work out.
He said I can come in whenever is convenient. During operational hours, or after hours. I can bring the girls with if I want, they don't care. It's just one bathroom and then the floors and windows in the main room. This is such an answer to prayer for us. We've been praying about ways I can make a little extra money to help with remodeling projects, and they seem to keep falling in my lap.
Like I told Kevin, God wanted me to lock the keys in the car. Not only to teach me some patience and humility, but also to bless me with some extra work. What an awesome God we have!
SO COOL! =)
ReplyDeleteAmazing how what we think are setbacks can work together for good when God shows us a better plan. :)
Delete