A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it. [Wikipedia]
I never thought that I really had a pet peeve. Sure, there have been little things that bother me, but none that I could classify as a pet peeve. Well, now I have one. I think I've had it for a while, but I just recently realized it.
My pet peeve is when people leave the windshield wipers going too fast for the amount of precipitation that is falling.
Strange, I know. I guess that's the thing about pet peeves - I find it annoying to a greater degree than other people do. I know all of the settings for the windshield wipers in our car. The fast ones, the slowest ones, and all the ones in between. If it's just barely raining I'll even go through the extra effort to simply hit the wipers once as needed to keep it clear in order to avoid over wiping.
I think what made me notice it is that whenever I'm riding in the car with Kevin (who could care less how fast the wipers are moving as long as the window is clear) I find myself at times asking him to turn the wipers down, or even just reaching over and turning them down myself. The only way I can not be annoyed by excess windshield wiping is to try to not pay attention to them. It's hard, and takes self control, but I can sometimes do it.

I hate it when the wipers are on too fast too! This post could very well have been me writing it. I really have to try to ignore the wipers when I'm the passenger and the driver puts them on faster than necessary (according to me).
ReplyDelete