Friday, September 30, 2011

Cheese in the Living Room

I think Evelyn likes to do all of her naughty things right away in the morning - she must dream about it all night and then try to do as much as she can right away. 

This morning while I was washing dishes I started to wonder why Evelyn was being so quiet in the living room.  I walked into the room to find a bag of shredded cheese dumped all over the coffee table, couch, and floor.  Evelyn was holding the salt grinder - which had signs of being licked and also had cheese on it.  There was also cheese stuck to her face all around her mouth.  Oh how I wish I could find the charger for our camera battery so I could have taken a picture of it all. 

After a little thought, I realized what had happened.  Last night I had to feed Elsie right after supper and so I didn't put the food away right away.  Evelyn must have grabbed the cheese and brought it into the living room while I was busy with Elsie.  We left right away after dinner to visit a friend in the hospital and didn't get back until late.  The cheese sat in the living room all night.  Then in the morning, Evelyn found the cheese again after breakfast when Mommy wasn't around.  Since cheese is one of her favorite foods, what else was she to do but eat it?

Needless to say, it gave me an immediate reason to vacuum our living room which was in dire need of being vacuumed anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment