Since really noticing her eyes yesterday, I have been watching them more closely. They are such a means of expression. The way they well up with tears when she is hurt or upset, the way they light up when Daddy comes home or treats are mentioned, the way joy and excitement shine through them, the way she discerningly stares at a stranger or something unfamiliar, they way they look at you when she gives a hug or kiss.
Her eyes show a lot. If she got enough sleep, if she's trying to tease, if she likes something, if she doesn't like something, if she's not sure about something, if she's ready for bed. I could go on and on. I guess I just haven't taken the time to enjoy some of the little things about Evelyn, like her eyes, and now that I have I really enjoy it.
She is beautiful like her mommy!
ReplyDelete