Friday, August 19, 2011

Cutest Kid or Facebook Junkie?

So, Evelyn didn't win the cutest kid contest.  Another girl (who was cute too) won by almost 30 votes.  Kevin and I were talking about the results the other day, and decided that this other girl only won because her parents must be the kind of facebookers that are friends with everyone they ever met or knew in their entire lives.  Kevin and I on the other hand, have both purged our friends (a couple of times) and limit them to people we are actually currently friends with.  Kevin has 222 friends and I have 158.  103 of those are friends we share.  In order for us to have won the contest, we would have had to have gotten every one of our mutual friends to like Evelyn's photo.  Most of the people we are friends with are not facebook junkies either, and don't like other pages just because one of their friends tell them to.

I pretty much knew going into it that we wouldn't win, but thought I would give it a shot anyway.  It was a good ploy for the photographer to get lots of people to like her page.  Before the contest when I looked at her page, 175 people liked it.  Now there are over 500 people connected to her page.  At any rate, Evelyn's still the cutest in our book (besides her sister of course).  And we wonder how she would do in a contest judged by people completely unrelated to the children.  Guess we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment