Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Misner Name Lives On

Late Sunday night (or early Monday morning) April 5th around 1:30am Gideon David Misner was born to my brother-in-law Keith and his wife Amanda.  He was 8lbs 4oz and 21in long. 


They wouldn't tell any of us his name until we went to the hospital to see him.  I have to admit that I was a little bit jealous that they named him Gideon, because it was one of the names that I really like for a boy.  Oh, well - you can't use them all, and who knows how many boys we'll end up having if we would even get around to using it...


His face was a little swollen and bruised from being born, but he is still a little cutie!



Because there are only two brothers (Keith and Kevin) in the Misner family, it was up to one of them to have a boy to carry on the Misner name.  So far they've only had girls.  So, needless to say when PapPap (David Misner) found out that not only did he have a grandson who would carry on the family name, but he was also named after him, a few tears were shed. 

We are all so very happy and excited about this new little bundle.  I can't wait to watch him grow and develop, and to see Norah as a big sister :D Congrats Keith & Amanda & Norah!

No comments:

Post a Comment