Last summer I turned a pair of Kevin's pants into shorts for him. I saved the pant legs knowing we were having a girl so that I could make a dress for her to match him. Well, last Sunday I finally got around to making the dress for Evelyn. It turned out even cuter than I expected. It only took a couple of hours from start to finish, and was well worth missing my nap in order to make it. I also made a matching headband, but had trouble getting it the right size, so it kept slipping down on her face.
Here she is in her brand-new dress!
Evelyn and Daddy in their matching clothes. Kevin absolutely loves it when outfits match. He was hoping that there would be enough fabric left over to make something for me out of it, but unfortunately there was not.
A close up on Evelyn. This was my first attempt at making button holes, and they didn't turn out the greatest. Functional, yes, but good-looking? Not so much... Good thing the button covers it up!
Buttonholes take practice. You need to make a lot of them before they look nice. The dress turned out very cute!
ReplyDeleteMom