I just cried through this song. Mark Schultz - What it Means to Be Loved. Cried over the little niece that I will never get to hold. Never get to meet. Never get to watch grow up. There aren't really any words. Just shock and grief. It feels so strange to be completely helpless to fix a situation. To have no words to say. To not know how to help, or what to do.
Then I remembered reading this post from a friend's blog. It's called "Miscarriage: How to Comfort". It's the first place I went. I wanted to make sure I don't say any of the things on the 'what not to say' list. I want to know what things I can do to help. The second place I went was another friend's blog who lost their daughter about a year and a half ago. She had a link to a blog with a whole series on "How to Help Your Grieving Friend". What awesome tools. As I've never been through a miscarriage, I don't really know how she's feeling, or what things I can do to help. I know there's a long road of grieving ahead for her, but I know that I want to be there for her. I want to help in whatever ways I can, but I don't want to be annoying.
The other thing that this makes me wonder is how anyone, and I mean ANYONE can think that abortion is okay. These are little people we're talking about. Children with a future ahead of them. I just don't understand why there is such a big debate over it in our country. What is there to debate?
Anyway. Just needed to type out my thoughts. If you have any advice for me how to help her, I'd be glad to hear it.
No comments:
Post a Comment