Not long after I finished my organizing, my neighbor stopped by to invite me to join the thrift sale she was going to have the last weekend in May. Awesome! It turned out to be the best thrift sale experience of my life. I priced all of my stuff. There were a few bigger items, but most things were marked around the $0.25 - .50 range. I brought all my stuff over to her house a couple of days before the sale. All I did was drop my boxes off and she set everything up. She's really particular about how her sale is run, so she wanted to do it all herself. Fine with me. I went over the first morning of the sale to help run things. I stayed for about 2 hours and didn't feel like much of a help as I had both girls with me, but we had fun. And that's all I did. I went back the day after the sale and collected my unsold items. We dropped off two pickup beds full of stuff and brought home one big box plus a few other items. We made $130.00 too. So I got paid to get rid of my junk and hardly had to do anything. It feels so good to have all of that stuff gone. The only problem is that I have another pile started already.
At any rate, it feels so great to have my entire house organized. If I need to quickly pick up the house for an occasion, I know where everything goes. If Kevin asks me where something is, I
No comments:
Post a Comment