Wednesday, July 27, 2011

44 Books

Just a couple months ago, my cousin and his wife were at our house, and as we were showing them what we've done in the basement, our attention was turned to our bookshelf.  He asked me about some of the books on the shelf and whether or not I've read them.  I had to say no.  There are in fact 44 books on our bookshelf that I have never read.

So, I got to wondering, "What if there are some books of those 44 that aren't worth the read?"  How will I know if we should keep the book unless I've read it?  So, here embarks a bold endeavor.  My goal (however long it may take) is to read all 44 of those books and decide if they earn a spot on our shelf.  The ones that do will be put back in their spot.  The ones that don't will be given away.

The rules:
*Before reading one of the 44 books, I must: spend time in God's Word, spend at least a half hour playing with Evelyn and Elsie, and wash the dishes.

I don't want my reading to take priority over the things that are truly more important.

Book #1 is "Be Your Own 'Doctor'" by Rachel Weaver.  After I've finished it, I'll let you know what I think and whether it stays or goes. (Although I'm guaranteeing that this one will stay).

No comments:

Post a Comment