Saturday, May 14, 2011

Teach Me Lord to Wait

Being now 10 days past my "due date" it can become at times difficult to wait patiently for this baby to come.  This morning I was seeking some comfort from God's word about waiting, and found some verses that really encouraged me to keep waiting.

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Lamentations 3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Daniel 12:12a Blessed is he that waiteth.

Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

Habakkuk 2:3 Though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Zephaniah 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD.

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

I know that this baby WILL come, and that I need to patiently wait upon the Lord until that day comes.  In the meantime, I want to enjoy my one-on-one time with Evelyn and doing things around the house that will have to be put off once the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment